Bethlehem Lutheran Church held its first services as a mission church of the Lutheran Church in America (LCA) in December 1957. It was officially incorporated on September 19, 1958. In the mid 80's, it became a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) when the LCA and several other Lutheran church bodies merged to form the new organization.
Services were first held at the Harrison Township Hall and then at Neil E. Reid Elementary School. In December of 1965, the congregation moved into its present location on Union Lake Road.
The church celebrated its 50th anniversary in September of 2008.